Device manager

Ventad 10:57 15 Apr 08

in device manager/Other devices/Unknown device
no drivers I cant update drivers windows cannot find anything even on internet it has in the properties :-Intel(R) 82801GB/GR (ICH7 Family) LPC Interface Controller - 27B8

anybody have any ideas, when I go onto Intel site and search nothing found.

johnnyrocker 10:59 15 Apr 08

very vague question try and clarify further ie what os and what you are trying to do?

johnny

Ventad 11:09 15 Apr 08

My OS is vista but I thought this would be universal being in device manager. After all those updates from microsoft I had problems with the mouse not working, When I reinstalled it and next tiome I rebooted no pointer again. I just delved into everthing found this item and tried updating driver to no avail. I then disabled the unknown device restarted and everything was ok, so after a few reboots and everything fine I then enabled the uknown device rebooted several times but everything was ok. so I am wondering what this item is, perhaps it is something to do with the mb

I am Spartacus 11:39 15 Apr 08

Do you have an ASUS motherboard (P5W DH Deluxe)? I think it's the RAID controller. You can get an update from ASUSTek click here

There should also be a driver on the motherboard CD but it may not be Vista compatible.

DieSse 11:46 15 Apr 08

click here(r)_82801gb/gr_(ich7_family)_lpc_interface_controller_-_27b8_.html

Claims to be the Vista driver for this device

Ventad 11:47 15 Apr 08

I have a ASRock CONRoe945PL-glan

DieSse 11:54 15 Apr 08

If you trawl around the web - everybody abd his dog seems to have the same issue - so unless somethings actually broke, I suggest you ignore it.

I did read in one post it's do do with fan speed regulation, but can't confirm that

DieSse 12:02 15 Apr 08

Have a look on the ASRock site for the latest set of motherboard drivers and install them.

LPC is the Low Pin Count controller - and looks after old legacy devices.

If you google for it - the whole thing - you'll see a myriad of people with exactly the symptoms you have.

Ventad 12:05 15 Apr 08

Thanks I will do that. yes I noticed just now that there are a lot of problems out there with it. I cant see how it cleared up my mouse problem perhaps it was just co-incidental

Ventad 12:43 15 Apr 08

Downloaded update driver for ASRock CONRoe945PL-glan from asrock site and it downloaded 'Realtec High Def Audio Driver.
Still got the unknown device and it can not find a driver for it so it looks like the old saying "everything else seems to be working so leave well alone" Thanks again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Best iMovie for Mac tips 2017 | How to edit video with iMovie: 26 brilliant video editing tricks…