Device Error in Windows 98SE

Nick052 20:48 30 Aug 05

I have recently reinstalled Windows 98SE after formatting my hard drive.

I have almost got my system back to how it was (minus the bugs), but there is one thing in the Device Manager which has one of them yellow question marks next to it.

It is under Other Devices and is called PCI Ethernet Controller.

How do I find out what this is so I can maybe download drivers for it from the internet? I have not experienced problems due to this as yet, but guess its only a matter of time.

Thank you.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 20:56 30 Aug 05

This is a network card. Do you know what make?

Everest Home Edition click here may tell you.

woodchip 21:43 30 Aug 05

If you do not have a Ethernet card then it will be built into the motherboard, in which case you need the motherboard drivers. in both cases you need drivers, or disable the ethernet if you do not use it in Device Manager

sattman 22:45 30 Aug 05

Delete the device, on reboot it will look for a new driver, it may give you options to select. You can not add a different driver without removing the existing.

DieSse 23:27 30 Aug 05

If you don't use, and have no plans to use, an Ethernet (LAN) card - then you don't actually need to fix it - it won't cause any problems.

Nick052 18:42 31 Aug 05

Thanks for the suggestions. I forgot I had Aida32 on my system so was able to sort it that way. Cheers!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…