Device Driver problem (Code 37)

rabbitwabbit 00:02 28 Sep 03

Hi, I've just removed a faulty DVDRW device from my PC to send away for repair. The remaining DVD ROM drive now doesn't work, and when checking the device manager there is a message: "Windows cannot initialize the device driver for this hardware (Code 37)". I have tried uninstalling/reinstalling the device to no avail, also searching for updated drivers. The device is functional as a Windows boot disk will detect and run at startup. Once Windows is fully loaded there is no entry in 'My Computer'. Replacing the faulty drive with a known functional drive has the same problem - Help!

MAJ 00:17 28 Sep 03

Have you tried a different IDE cable, rabbitwabbit? Although, MS say "Reinstall or obtain a new driver." click here

-pops- 06:21 28 Sep 03

Are the jumpers set correctly? If your DVDRW was set to master and DVDROM to slave, then if you have removed the master you need to set the remaining device as master.

Lozzy 07:36 28 Sep 03

click here for additional help on code 37 and how to correct

rabbitwabbit 19:41 04 Oct 03

Thanks for the responses guys I tried them all! I've finally found the culprit to be Roxio Easy Cd and DVD creator. Microsoft Knowledge base artical 31460 tells you how to make the appropriate registry tweak, then simply delete the offending software and everything works fine again! Once my DVD writer returns I'll re-install Roxio.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Battlefield 1 review: Destructive environments, phenomenal graphics and an emotional campaign make…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Microsoft HoloLens hands-on review

How to use System Preferences in macOS Sierra (and Mac OS X): Complete guide to personalising the…