Device Driver 'mare - help!

Henrik Ibsen 19:29 28 Aug 05

I think I have had this problem pretty much since I got my new PC. Basically, the whole system shuts down at some random intervals because there has been some device driver problem.

I have been to the locations that Microsoft suggest in order to try to sort this out but nothing seems to do any good. I am reluctant to do a system restore as I would have to go back to the very beginning of starting to use the PC. I also have a trial version of Driver Guide Toolkit 1.1 that I have no real idea how to use.

Hopefully, the problem is simply a result of not having an updated driver somewhere, but whatever assistance I seem to get just seems to be techy gobbledigook where you need a degree in computer science just to have a glimmer of a chance of understanding the vocabulary.

First of all, I need to know what exactly is causing the problem and then sort it out but I've had this thing for several months now, and although it's not too much of a problem, my PC continues to cut out occasionally.

I am completely in the dark. Can anyone provide me with some comprehensive assistance, please?

Best Regards,

woodchip 19:38 28 Aug 05

Try this first. Go to Start\Run type in box MSCONFIG press enter go to Startup Tab at top Right you will see all things that start at boot with a tick in a box. This is a Safe operation to follow, remove ticks for all, other than Antivirus and Firewall, click OK or apply. Restart computer. You will get a box pop up put a tick in the little box and close it. now see how it goes. You can put any of the ticks back if you find you need them

alan227 20:02 28 Aug 05

Have a read of this it could help you with your problem.
click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…