Device driver for LiteOn DL-8ATSH Slim Slot 8x DVD-RW

DJ-Garry 11:01 29 Jul 14

Hi Guys :)

I'm having trouble finding a driver for the recent LiteOn DL-8ATSH Slim Slot 8x DVD-RW that I bought from Amazon (www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00DJVSY8C) .....

I am trying to do a fresh clean install of Windows 7 from a downloaded disc image burnt to DVD, but right near the start of the installation process the system asks for a driver for the DVD/CD drive. I'm a little confused as the system seems to be able to see the drive and read the data from the installation disk, but I guess this driver is needed for the new version of Windows install itself.

All I can seem to find on-line are driver install or repair apps that work on the machine you are browsing on. I need to download the driver and copy it to a blank CD, so I can insert it when asked for during the installation process. Can anyone point me in the right direction to a download for this writer, as it was bought as an OEM product with no driver disc. My then working version of Windows 7 just seemed installed the right device driver itself when I first bought it.

Many thanks :)

alanrwood 19:13 29 Jul 14

MechKB is right. Drivers should be built into the install disk.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Microsoft Surface Studio hands-on review: the iMac killer is here

Best Mac antivirus 2017