Device driver

pj1664 13:30 25 Nov 04

Hi everyone, a slight problem, I have a cd writer but it won't write. I have tried updating the driver but it won't have it. Is there a certain way one should update drivers for cd rom and cd writers? I am using window xp. all my drivers dissapeared when I install windows xp. appreciate any feedback on this. Thank you.

woodchip 13:41 25 Nov 04

Writer Drivers Are not installed as you would for other things like Graphics Modems etc. First if you are running XP it will load basic Write drivers so you can drag and drop onto the CD in Explorer. other that all windows load Read drivers by means of MSCDEX file. The only other way that you can use the drive is to use NERO or some other burning software that load drivers for some CDRW drives it depend how old you drive and how new the burning software, as to if your drive is covered

pj1664 20:17 25 Nov 04

Thanks for that woodchip. I use to use easy cd creator 5 with win 98 but since I upgraded to XP Iam trying to use cd creator 7 which is compatable with XP but for some reason neither 5 or 7 seems to work with it anymore. I still need to get this drive working. ??????

TommyRed 20:28 25 Nov 04

You can get a legal cut-down version of Nero for £3.48 click here you'll want suite 1. HTH TR

pj1664 20:37 25 Nov 04

Thank you tommyreed, I will check it out.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…