DEUS EX INVISIBLE WAR PROBLEMS

SPARROW123 17:58 24 Jan 05

I recently purchased Deus Ex Invisible war and found that 5 minutes into the game the screen just freezes at a part where two of the characters are speaking to each other.

The only thing I can do is to press ctrl/alt and delete to come out of the program. Anyone else had this problem or do you think it is just a faulty disc.

I also find that other games (HL2) stutter a bit on my PC, any suggestions on the best settings in the PC/bios to get the best results for playing games. My spec is AMD FX55 processor, NVidia Gforce FX6800GT graphics, 1 GIG ram, 300GIG hard drive,Creative Audigy 2ZS.

citadel 18:20 24 Jan 05

I have just completed dxiw and it played right through with no stutters or crashes. You have a pc that can blast through any game, Have you got any case fans to keep those components cool as they can cause problems when hot. I found a fan to draw cold air in at the front of the case helps.

SPARROW123 18:26 24 Jan 05

Thanks Citadel, I have a large house fan next to my PC, I will switch it on and see if things improve though I suspect the problem may be PC set up or disc based. I will give it a try anyway and see if things improve. Thanks again.

citadel 18:33 24 Jan 05

a case fan fitted inside the front of the case is easy to do and will only cost about £5. You could try uninstalling the game then reinstalling and temp disabling av and firewall during installation, this sometimes works.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…