Detecting drivers

rickilambert 15:01 10 Jul 09

is there a programme that can detect and aid in downloading of the drivers i need after formatting?

Taff™ 15:11 10 Jul 09

Have you resolved you other problem or is this a different computer?

rickilambert 15:12 10 Jul 09

well i just reformatted the c drive in the end, re installed vista

cut my losses tbh :S

birdface 15:18 10 Jul 09

Driver Max it is free.But maybe someone will come up with a better solution.

Taff™ 15:45 10 Jul 09

The laptop in question is a Toshiba Equium P300 and I wouldn`t worry about the drivers too much. Load the Operating System and then work out what you`re missing in Device Manager. Then go to the Toshiba Site click here and enter your details. You`ll find every driver you need there!

Sea Urchin 15:46 10 Jul 09

For future use DriverMax will also back up all your existing drivers - then after formatting and reloading your OS you can restore the drivers. Sadly too late in this case.

six-h 17:47 10 Jul 09

bookmarked

oldbeefer2 17:51 10 Jul 09

Drivermax was very useful after I did a clean reinstall recently (but I didn't find it that intuitive to use). Had to go to manufacturer's site for one - think it may had been the graphics card.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…