Desperately looking for driver

cazkenton2003 20:45 05 Apr 04

Hi all.

I have a Primax Colorado Direct 9600 scanner in a parallel port.It worked just great under Win98se and have upgraded to Win XP (soon to be Pro).
Where,oh where can I find the drivers for it?.Have been to most driver sites on the net but they just won't work with my scanner and the Primax site doesn't issue drivers for XP.They said to use the drivers for 2000,installed but don't work!!

Help me before I go out of my mind!
Thanks
Caz

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 20:47 05 Apr 04

Be very lucky to find one i think i had same scanner and gave up on it,and the 200 drivers didnt work for me either.

Regards.

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 20:49 05 Apr 04

This site says the driver works with xp but i havent tried this as i wasnt regesterd.

click here

Regards.

SANTOS7 20:56 05 Apr 04

click here have you tried here good luck [email protected]

johnnyrocker 21:03 05 Apr 04

that looks as if it should do it i think

johnny.

cazkenton2003 21:17 05 Apr 04

Still no joy.

Nickname,couldn't even get onto the site
Santos,it still won't work!

It unzips just fine,I try and open the PrimaPage Launcher and I keep getting an error report flashing on the screen!

GADS!

mikef. 21:18 05 Apr 04

click here you will have to register for free to download

mikef. 21:19 05 Apr 04

Sorry same link as Santos

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 21:22 05 Apr 04

Ok try this click here

Login username is :drivers

password is : all

Regards.

PurplePenny 21:32 05 Apr 04

Just adding to my postings (same scanner - downloaded 2000 driver but haven't tried it yet).

cazkenton2003 21:52 05 Apr 04

Still no joy!

I have noticed (also with win98se) that the scanner doesn't show up in the device manager,but I have the taskbar icon but only 2 options available.I don't have the TWAIN options available either,it just still comes up with the error reports.
Was reading through some forums earlier on and it seems possible to do it with changing the HKEY registry but looks a tad too complicated for a novice like myself!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…