desperate to learn : have DW4

hi all, im trying to break in to web design, ive got my mitts on DW4 and Fireworks and would like to produce a simple static page with an e-mail button...after playing around for a bit i think ive achived this and it seems to work when i test it in IE, ive regd my domain for mail handling but am struggling to link it all up, is there a guru out there

AndySD 22:23 08 Aug 05

Can you post a link to your page if its online so we can look at the code?

The button link shouls be mailto:email address and not http

back up, back up.....your 10 pages in front ,sorry
ive regd a domain name , i think i need to config my domain before i can assign my page to the url

AndySD 22:35 08 Aug 05

Ok

Best bet....Your local Library will have plenty of books on DW 4 (thatshow I learnt)

quack 22:42 08 Aug 05

Type Dreamweaver 4 tutorials into Google. There are numerous websites to teach you all you need to know. try this one click here

excellent- i think thats what i need.....looks prety easy to follow too........thanks folks....
will have a play and post again soon.
thanks again

Completealias 01:04 20 Aug 05

There is also the dreamweaver 4 tutorial fom macromedia here click here

Taran 03:10 23 Aug 05

click here

click here

click here

click here

click here

click here

The above will cover the bases and get you up and running. A quick search on Google will give you literally hundreds more tutorials on Dreamweaver.

Domain registration is a good starting point but you also need a web host account to put your files on. The domain name has to point to the hosted web space (and your files that are on it) to work properly.

If you post details of who you registered your domain with one of us will try to help further.

T

hi guys not hit weaver yet but have managed this with fasthosts sitebuilder, wot do you think firs go?

click here

mco 18:24 28 Apr 06

just posted on one of your other threads - I find DW a bit hard going at the moment and am using netobjects - why not try that?

hi there, yeh i know what you mean, ive been and got netobjects fusion 8 & whacked it on - looking a bit heavy already, ill close this thread as i think the questions been answered
see you in the other thread mco. thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…