Desperate for help with wireless Network?

Hi all,

I am hoping that someone may be able to help me with setting up a wireless network!

The Set up –

I have a Buffalo 54Mbps (802.11g) Cardbus and Router. The Router is connected to the internet by ANOTHER (BT Supplied) Router as the wireless router does not have a modem (Nor do have a spare). In effect the BT router is acting simply as a modem.

The “Main” PC is my desktop and this connects to the Wireless router by cable (CAT 5) and a Network card.

The Laptop is connected to the wireless router with the 54Mbps card.

The problem:

Both the PC and Laptop connect to the internet easily.

I have run Network Setup wizard and can now access the Laptop files, although not easily and I have to drill down through several folders to get to them. At least I can “See” them and transfer files to the laptop,

However,

I cannot for the life of me “see” the desktop from the laptop computer.

I have disabled Firewalls and Antivirus before running network wizard but no go. Just wont happen!

The Laptop is running XP Home and the desktop XP Pro.

Any advice (Including how to remove the failed networks I have already set up) is needed.

Anyone able to help?

Many thanks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…