desktopo wont load again

Mr_Nice_Guy 22:43 29 Nov 03

Hi recently posted a thread about my desktop not loading the GUI, i.e. no taskbar and icons etc. well it went back to normal until i rebooted my pc and it done it again, so i went to taskmanager and closed one program by another and then i closed one which i have forgotten what it was now but then the desktop loaded again. anyone know of a program that does this? thanks for replies.

Mr_Nice_Guy 22:49 29 Nov 03

just logged off and on, and now know the program is called SYSU.exe? ring any bells to anyone? if so please post. Also after desktop loads up again, in task manager a load of programs also load, and then an error saying something about incd is not running or along the lines of that. HELP!!

Jester2K II 22:55 29 Nov 03
  Mr_Nice_Guy 22:55 29 Nov 03

found out it is an adware thing, and should delete a folder in the c drive, so i go to delete and it is writeprotected, omg. so i unclick readonly and it jumps back to it. a file.exe cannot be deleted, i deleted some other subfolders. heeelp.then a thing called internet optimizer popped up and it isspyware i know. but i cant get rid of anything.

Jester2K II 22:56 29 Nov 03

1) Download AdAware click here UPDATE it and scan

2) Download SpyBot click here Update it and scan

Jester2K II 22:57 29 Nov 03

Also try terminate the SYSU.exe using Task Manager and then delete the folder.

Mr_Nice_Guy 23:03 29 Nov 03

Hello deletedthe folder successfully. i have this program called winpatrol and it found all those programs i.e. internet helpers instantly and i clicked do not allow. handy program, downloaded from pc advisor actually. thankyou pc advisor. But i still think they are on my system which they are, want to get rid of them. Spybot i keep running and it freezes on a file called C2.LOP.

Jester2K II 23:04 29 Nov 03

Did you run the update on Spybot first?

try AdAware if SpyBot fails.

Jester2K II 23:05 29 Nov 03

Either that or scan if Safe Mode.

Mr_Nice_Guy 23:06 29 Nov 03

will do it now, and let you know after.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…