Desktop won't load Windowa XP

Mike_R 20:54 17 Mar 08

My grandson's PC keeps on cycling around the "won't load mormally" screen whatever I do. The last time it happened I reloaded XP from scratch which is probably what I will have to do again. But what I am wondering about is the cause. My grandson has been swapping between a USB wired and radio controlled keyboard and mouse, sometimes using the wired keyboard with the radio mouse, and vice versa. I think that he takes the mouse off at times to connect to a laptop and then reconnects with whatever comes to hand. Could this cause any incompatibilities and so shaft XP?

FreeCell 21:07 17 Mar 08

To my mind it's un likely that removing/reconnecting keyboard/mouse combinations would cause the problem you see. More likely a corruption of part of the hard drive or a faulty driver. Have you tried to see if it will boot into Safe mode? If so it's likely a driver problem.
If not see click here for options to recover rather than reload XP from scratch.

wee eddie 13:20 18 Mar 08

2 Anti Virus Programs being loaded!

Mike_R 10:50 19 Mar 08

Thanks. I will have a go over this weekend.
It is not two anti-virus programs, but heaven knows what my grandson has been downloading.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

Best Mac antivirus 2017