Desktop window too small

Amalric I 17:31 01 May 05

I have had to give up WinXP on my Dell Inspiron 1100, for extreme malfeasance in Office, and install Suse Linux instead Now the desktop window on scteen is about one quarter the size of the screen, and controlmpanel refuses to change it. I have been unable to find a video driver for SUSE LINUX.

I reinstalled XP but have the same problem with it.

Any ideas?

Diodorus Siculus 17:50 01 May 05

First time I've seen malfeasance used!

I use Suse 9.2 on my laptop with intel graphics and no problem. What version of suse do you have?

Diodorus Siculus 18:01 01 May 05

Seems you have XP installed now, install click here
Everest and id your components then search for Suse drivers. Having said that, I used default drivers and it installed ok.

Amalric I 10:41 02 May 05

Thank you for your quick responses. I have found hat not only is athe driver missing for the video adapter, but for most of the other hardware, including the network adapter, as well. This means I can no longer access the Internet. The CDROM drive still works though.

I have gone to the Everest site and downloaded their package [on another machine]. This does not tell me what the video adapter is.

I sent a support request in to Dell yesterday [Sunday] about this problem. They promise 6 to 12 hour response but I suppose that is only during-the-work-week hours as I have had no response yet.

I installed SUSE Professional Ver. 9.2 but may have distroyed it by re-installing Win XP over it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…