Desktop vs Tower cases

starslayer 14:58 01 Apr 03

hey guys; want to partially upgrade an old PC, including the case which is not the greatest on earth; trouble is it's a desktop case. Can someone please clarify for me if tower cases are better, especially from an airflow P.O.V.? I don't seem to be able to find many desktop cases on the market, whereas there's a never-ending supply of towers. Preferably I'd like to use a desktop for space-saving purposes, but I don't want to compromise a (minimum) 2GHZ processor by sticking it in something that will let the heat build up. Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

€dstow 15:08 01 Apr 03

With all the extra items (CD, DVD, multiple hard drives, Zip drives, PCI cards) being stuffed into cases, it's not really practical to use desktop cases any more. They would most likely be too fat and you you have to look up at the screen from a normal desk height!

I wouldn't recommend a desk top case at all, much better with a tower. You can always mount it on the floor.

€d

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…