Desktop to TV in another room?

Proclaimer 15:00 08 Sep 13

It it possible to send desktop sound and video to my TV in another room? My TV has HDMI, RGB and USB inputs. In short I suppose what I would like is to use the TV as a second monitor in order to stream content from a browser to my TV in the lounge instead of using a laptop or moving in the Desktop PC.

I thought something like this may do the trick Mini 5.8GHz Video Sender.

Woolwell 15:37 08 Sep 13

You want a Media Extender eg WD Media Player. I used to use an old Pinnacle product to stream photos and music to my TV in a different room but video was very flaky due to poor wifi bandwidth. Nowadays with N standard it should be ok but only if you have a good signal.

Proclaimer 15:43 08 Sep 13

That looks like it will stream anything from my HDD to the TV but not directly from any open browser on my desktop to my TV.

rdave13 16:03 08 Sep 13

If you have a free-view box or a Sky box with an ethernet connection maybe homeplugs might be a better option? Just as an example of homeplugs click here.

If you have the lan connections try hunting around for cheaper/better homeplugs.

1]: [click here

Woolwell 16:05 08 Sep 13

That was just one example Amazon Sony SMPN200.

Controlling your own browser from another room would be a snag. Devices as above stream direct from the internet as well as connecting to your pc.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…