Desktop trouble

ernieernie 07:59 AM 02 Jun 11

Every couple of days my desktop suddenly fills with icons which all relate to items in My Documents folder. They don't do any harm but I can't find the icons that should be there, they are getting pushed about. The only way I can get out of it is to do a system restore, which is a nuisance and a time waster anyway. If I boot up in safe mode the icons are smaller but there are even more of them! Help! Ernieernie

birdface 08:36 AM 02 Jun 11

Maybe try the new version of Malwarebytes.

link text

Or click on the center of the screen and Make sure Icons are Aligned to grid and show desktop icons are both ticked.

ernieernie 11:12 AM 02 Jun 11

Thanks for trying, buteman. I downloaded malwarebytes and did a scan which claimed to have discovered 23 infected files (all Adware) and then I deleted them. Upon reboot the unwanted icons all re-appeared so I am afraid that malwarebytes was not the answer. The items to tick were already ticked.

birdface 11:34 AM 02 Jun 11

Maybe give C Cleaner a run.

They must be working on PCA problems today as the links have gone.And a waste of time trying with Firefox as that is worse.

Maybe once the have sorted out their problems you have got a better chance of getting further advice from others.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

14 best budget laptops of 2015: best budget laptops reviews - best cheap laptops - best bargain…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Animated film of Raymond Briggs' Ethel and Ernest ramps up production

From Antennagate to Yellowgate: The 10 worst Apple scandals (and why they were blown out of proport)…