Desktop too large for monitor

nooney 15:45 17 Dec 05

My desktop is too long for the monitor and I have to scroll down to reach the start function?

gudgulf 15:50 17 Dec 05

What screen resolution are you using?

Is your monitor corectly calibrated for that resolution?

Are you using larger than normal font size?

Graham ® 15:53 17 Dec 05

Right click on the desktop, Properties, Settings, change the Screen resolution, Apply, OK.

nooney 16:41 17 Dec 05

Have tried several resolution settings, but desktop still appears several sizes too large for the screen and I have to scroll around the screen to reach the icons

Stuartli 16:48 17 Dec 05

Use the monitor's on-screen menu to alter the height and width of the display image once you have set up the correct resolution.

If you read your monitor's manual it will explain the procedure as most manufacturers have slightly different ways of configuring the screen display.

DieSse 18:30 17 Dec 05

*I have to scroll around the screen to reach the icons*

I've never seen a desktop you could scroll around - just how are you doing this?

Are you sure you don't just need to adjust the height and width of the monitor display on the monitors controls?

Is this a CRT or TFT? Is it a wide-screen display?

If so and it's just too long - then you have to adjust the resolution to a suitable one for widescreen - the monitor manual will tell you which one to use.

Big Elf 19:52 17 Dec 05

I think you can get a 'virtual' display on some laptops when you select a resolution greater than that normally supported by the screen e.g. selecting 1280x1024 when the screen supports 1024x768.

Changing it to the standard resoulution normally stops the problem of having to scroll to get to all the icons etc.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…