desktop taken over

Jomi 01:13 22 Jan 05

My background has been changed to black and there's a message warning me about spyware. I can't get rid of it!
I can't click on the desktop and get properties anymore I have to go to control panel. Clicking on a different choice of background doesn't work, the screen flickers briefly and the black page is back.
A squared, adaware, spybot, norton antivirus won't remove it and BHO demon keeps warning me of attempts to change the BHO.
BHO demon says it's a file javafix.dll which I deleted in safe mode, this file is back after a reboot.
Can anyone help with this please?

GANDALF <|:-)> 01:17 22 Jan 05

Turn off system restore, run the cleaners, reboot, turn system restore back on.

Jomi 08:11 22 Jan 05

Tried that GANDALF but it's still here.
It has 'removal instructions' which simply take me to a web page with more adverts about their spy removal program but there are no instructions to remove it.
I've now tried Asquared, Spybot, Adaware, Pcbugdoctor and Norton antivirus.
Each time I reboot, the pc automatically connects to the internet and BHO demon warns my that javafix.dll is trying to change the BHO.

I really need to use internet banking but I daren't while this remains here.
I'd really appreciate any other advise.

GANDALF <|:-)> 08:13 22 Jan 05

Can you post the details of the web page so that the spyware can be identified? You will not lose info from your computer, it is merely a redirection.

Jomi 08:21 22 Jan 05

This is the website address
click here

Have you been up all night GANDALF?

Al94 09:01 22 Jan 05

Go to the display settings in your control panel

Click on desktop>customize desktop

Click on the web tab.

Uncheck whatever you see there

Jomi 09:03 22 Jan 05

Managed to at least make a change, the properties of the desktop pointed to c/windows/desktop.html which I found and deleted, so the ad is gone but the desktop background is now white and I can't change it to a picture.

Jomi 09:06 22 Jan 05

It's gone now, thanks Al94

The only thing that was checked was 'security' - very sneaky!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Switch price…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…