Desktop is stuck

Fyrebird1 21:40 25 Mar 04

I am having trouble changing my desktop to another picture, it doesnt seem to change at all, when i reboot the picture i have requested appears without any icons then it switches back to an old picture with desktop icons.
How do i correct this error?

Indigo 1 21:46 25 Mar 04

Which O/S are you using ?

Fyrebird1 21:51 25 Mar 04

Really crap on terminology but im on windows XP if i have that right?

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 21:59 25 Mar 04

You could try moving all but the pic you wont out of the pics folder then set it and see what happens also try setting it to none then reboot and set it to what u wont and reboot.

Indigo 1 22:04 25 Mar 04

I am assuming that you are going through the correct method of changing the wallpaper, by that I mean you are either right clicking on desktop or selecting Display from Control Panel,

then click Desktop tab and select pic,

click OK etc. ???

Fyrebird1 22:11 25 Mar 04

Yes i am, there is even a fool proof way on the XP control panel but the picture seems to only be added to some sort of start up picture which vanishes then the old pic comes on with desk top icons

Indigo 1 22:14 25 Mar 04

OK just wanted to be sure.

I would try the suggestion by  ÑÌÇKÑÂMË which was to move all but the pic you want from the folder and try to re-set it again.

This will determine wether it is a software glitch or some other type of interfeence.

Lionheart ? 22:23 25 Mar 04

Try this, right click your pic, select set as desktop background.

GYPSY 22:33 25 Mar 04

I would suggest using windows help and typing in walpaper and following the instructions there , it may be that the new picture is not an appropriate file type, or the display properties are incorrect.

onlyme 22:41 25 Mar 04

As far as I am aware,this might be the same problem that upset a lot of new users to Windows Me.
The answer appears to be something to do with the set up of the "Active Desktop". If that is not set to "On" then web pages and other visual images get either corrupted or restricted,

I suggest you make sure "Active Desktop" is enabled and then right click on an open space on the desktop,select properties,then desktop and you should see a list of the pre-installed pictures,plus any that you have added to "My Pictures".

Make sure that you select "Stretch" otherwise you will not get full screen representation.
Also make sure that you do not move "files" as opposed to shortcuts because the system will merely default to its original set-up.

I hope this helps, all the best Me :)

Fyrebird1 22:43 25 Mar 04

ok ive tried all of that and my old picture still comes on and my new chosen picture still comes on when i start up but then vanishes

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…