From desktop to start menu

I dragged an executable file from the start menu to the desktop thinking it would create a shortcut and leave the file on the start menu but it removed it from the list.

I'm not sure if I made myself clear but a give an example of what normally would appear.

Click on Start/All Programs/Doom 3 and then there was three options Doom 3, documentation and uninstall Doom 3 and when I clicked on Doom 3 and dragged it to desktop it seems to have removed it from the list and was just wondering if there was a way I can get it back to the list.

kinger 22:10 17 Mar 06

Drag it to the start menu and it'll appear top left of your list everytime, you won't lose it there.

remind 22:20 17 Mar 06

Drag it back where it came from.
Next time right click the icon you want to put on the desktop and select Send To.../Desktop

Strawballs 22:27 17 Mar 06

Next time right click and drag and select create shortcut here

calluminmk 22:48 17 Mar 06

To place the program back go to:
X:\Documents and Settings\"YOUR USERNAME HERE\Start Menu\Programs

then put it in the right folder

(X being the letter of your harddrive, probably C: if you havent messed around with any settings or added drives
Hope this helps
Callum

Thanks to everyone who responded

Calluminmk, that did the trick thanks again.

While I'm here does anyone know how to bring up the command console on Doom 3 it's suppose to be Ctrl+Alt+~ but every time I press them together it just fires.

ACOLYTE 11:22 18 Mar 06

I dont have doom3 but,is the console enabled,some games you have to enable it in the options,and have you tried the TAB key?.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…