Desktop Specification

subi 05 Oct 11

I have decided to update my system which is a Dell Dimension 2400 system, now 8 years old. The local computer shop has a desktop with the following specification AMD Phenom II X2 555 Black Edition AM3 Socket Processor ( 3.20Ghz) 4GB DDR3 RAM Memory 500GB SATA Hard Drive Storage ASUS AM3 M4A78LT-M LE Motherboard Palit 1GB GEF GTS 450 PCI-Express 7.1 Onboard Soundcard Sony 24X 7240S DVD Writer Sony DVD-ROM 16X Reader CIT 1007 PC Case 600 watt power supply. Is this a reasonable system for £344? Windows 7 Home premium 64 bit will cost an extra £77.

gengiscant 05 Oct 11

Yes it is a reasonable system and I would advise going with the Windows 7 option. You do not state what you use your PC mainly for, but this will take care of most needs even gaming.

ICF 05 Oct 11

Take a look at this sub £500 chart

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Windows 10 Home vs Windows 10 Pro comparison: Here are the extra features you get in the Pro version

Why Formula-e needs to go faster

How Instagram spots trends

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message