Desktop shrinks

tiberius 19:10 04 Mar 08

Suddenly my desktop image has almost halved - picture ine the centre but blck all round. Desktop icons in black area. All programs work eithet at half size or with white surrounds.
I am an absolute novice - anyone an idea how to restore screen to its proper size? (System restore doesnt seem to work.
Many thanks

Totally-braindead 19:16 04 Mar 08

Right click desktop on a blank area and goto PROPERTIES then DESKTOP and it should show what your desktop picture is and in the position bit on the right hand side of this screen select STRETCH.

tiberius 16:54 05 Mar 08

Thank you for this. I think I should have told you that this is a new desktop with Vista OS and I cannot relate to these recommendations. Is it possible for a Vista solution to be provided?
Many thanks

crosstrainer 16:58 05 Mar 08

Right click desktop, choose personalise, then appearance, then select your picture and tick the radio button to stretch the image.

tiberius 17:59 05 Mar 08

I am not very bright - after "personalise" I get a heading " Windows Color and Appearance" which only seems to give colour alternaives.How do I select picture?

crosstrainer 06:31 06 Mar 08

Desktop background :)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…