desktop shortcuts wont select individually

Tony7 09:26 15 Jan 06

When selecting a desktop shortcut all those icons prior to the one selected are selected as well. Why? what am i doing? restrting the conmputer removes the problem which seems to reappear at random. Help!

Diemmess 10:53 15 Jan 06

Your O.S. would be helpful, but for a start, are you fully protected against malware?

Asssuming you are certain you are FFI then depending on your O.S. you may be able to repair it by the appropriate Windows restore function.

Tony7 11:36 15 Jan 06

my OS ios XPhome I don't know what Malware is.but I do have fire wall and Zone alarm protection.

Diemmess 13:22 15 Jan 06

Malware as I think it - is any sort of virus spyware or malicious program that might slip past your defences.

XP has a restore process which might reset the system files to an earlier date befor your present desktop bother started.
Can't give you blow by blow how to do that. Try the Help file approach or perhaps someone else will chip in now.

Tony7 19:14 15 Jan 06

Thanks will try that

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…