Desktop shortcuts to webpages

aberfeldy 17:05 07 Apr 04

I am trying to set up shortcuts on my desktop to various webpages. However,when I click on the shortcut it opens up the windows print dialogue box showing which printers I can pick. Can anyone please advise me as to what I may have done to get this.

I wanted the same thing , but I copied it from My Favourites in Internet Explorer, by right clicking on the required website name in the favourites list, then choosing "Send to" then "Desk top (create shortcut).
Now I have the link on the desk top and double click to run it.

aberfeldy 17:44 07 Apr 04

Sorry this is not working either, it still comes up with the printers window

Pesala 21:15 07 Apr 04

Double-click on any *.html file in Windows Explorer and check that opens in your browser. If I drag any URL from the address bar in Internet Explorer onto the desktop it creates a shortcut, but opens in Opera, my default browser.

To change the file association, right-click, and choose open with program, and select your browser, always open with this program.

SANTOS7 21:27 07 Apr 04

open web page you wish to shortcut, from toolbar
at top click- file, send, click on shortcut to desktop icon will appear in systray

canard 23:10 07 Apr 04

Tried dragging the icon top L to desktop?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Apple Event live stream | Apple October Event live blog: Watch Apple unveil new MacBook Pro, new…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Lida designs a cross-stitch email sent to thousands of Ikea Family members

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: Faster performance, a brighter screen, water-ret…