Desktop shortcut problem

anniesboy68 21:19 29 Jul 03

For some reason two shortcuts on my desktop relating to drives F&G keep becoming unavailable, i.e.corrupted, so in order to access them I have to go to My Computer and click on the relative drive. This is following a re format of the C drive Saturday. Does anyone know why this may be please

graham√ 21:22 29 Jul 03

Delete the shortcuts and set them up again.

Steven135 21:23 29 Jul 03

Wonder if you are having the same problem as this thread discusses (sorry if so as haven't been able to fix it as yet)

click here

anniesboy68 21:29 29 Jul 03

Graham..done that happend twice since.

anniesboy68 21:31 29 Jul 03

steven135 Thanks for tha thread..a bit complicated though.. will look into it though.

ericmax 22:02 29 Jul 03

sorry to hear of your shortcuts problem,that thread you looked at was mine and i still havn't been able to track down the cause yet,its only minor but annoying.if i have any luck i'll let you know.

anniesboy68 22:05 29 Jul 03

thanks, another xxxxx problem now, my sidewinder joystick disk has come out the drive cracked. Nothing to do with the other problem though. What a day!!!!

3Toed 22:58 29 Jul 03

has anybody with this problem updated to the latest patch for nero burning softwear 5.51042?As this has happened to me after downloading them all.-My p.port iomega zip drive shortcut has done the same thing.

Seicento 06:29 30 Jul 03

I think it has something to do with the latest Windows updates (I don't have Nero installed).

Have to say though that the problem was fixed for me by re-entering the path manually in the shortcut Properties, as mentioned in the other thread.

temp003 06:40 30 Jul 03

If you use XP, click here to see if it applies to you.

3Toed 11:32 30 Jul 03

In my case?.

Having used my iomega program to remove the desktop shortcut by unchecking 'create shortcut on desktop'and rebooting pc then re-checking create shortcuts,it still didn?t work.

I had tried altering properties of the shortcut manually-the obvious one,it worked,but then stopped again after reboot(I did apply).

Gave up in the end by unchecking as above,and then created a shortcut manually,it now works.

As previously mentioned-no great shakes,but it is annoying.

Seicento-Thanks for info,looks like it is pointing towards windows updates as cause of problem.

Temp003-good find,although I?m a bit dubious on that,as it sounds as though its from an earlier era, from 2002.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Studio vs iMac 5K comparison review: Apple and Microsoft all-in-one PCs battle it out

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Social media image sizes, specs and aspect ratios: the ultimate guide

New MacBook Pro release date, price and specs | New MacBook Pro 2016 announced: Now with Touch Bar…