desktop shortcut

shuggee167 15:18 23 Mar 04

I have lost the show desktop icon from the quicklaunch toolbar. Can anyone tell me how to replace it.

Thanks

shuggee

GaT7 15:34 23 Mar 04

You should find one in your C:\Windows\System directory. Copy & paste into your C:\WINDOWS\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\ directory

PS - I'm using Win98se. The Quick Launch directory may be in a different location for a diff OS.

shuggee167 15:40 23 Mar 04

Thanks for the information Crossbow7. I'm at work now, I'll have a look when I get home. Sorry, I should have said that I'm using Windows XP Home.

VoG II 15:43 23 Mar 04

In XP it goes in

C:\Documents and Settings\Default\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch

GaT7 15:52 23 Mar 04

1. Do a search for 'Show Desktop'. It should be a .scf file. Right-click the file & click Copy.

2. Do a search for Quick Launch. Select the one pointing to directory in VoG's post. Right-click the folder & click Paste.

That should do it for you. If not, post back.

shuggee167 16:16 23 Mar 04

Thanks again for the information. I'll try it tonight

Pesala 16:17 23 Mar 04

Also worth knowing about Windows Key M and Windows Key D then you don't need the icon.

click here for a full list.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch Series 2 review | Apple Watch 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter,…