Desktop settings

RedYelBlu 14:39 16 May 08

Since I have installed Adobe Photoshop on my PC, I have to adjust the screen contrast every time it boots up.Before I installed Photoshop, I never had to touch any settings.
This is what happens, The screen looks good with good colours and contrast, then as the PC is booting up and after the icons appear on the desktop, the screen changes and looks very pale with low contrast.
I then have to go into Control panel - Display - settings - advanced - colour and just click on the colour icon, then the contrast will return to how it was when the desktop first appeared on the screen.
I suspect this is something to do with the settings of Photoshop. Can anyone suggest any adjustments I can make to save me going into Display settings every time?
I have to make changes in Display settings every time I use the PC, but Im unable to keep display settings (Save them).

flyingbrit 15:46 16 May 08

If I'm right, Adobe photoshop installs "adobe gamma" onto your pc.
Go into control panel and there will be an icon for "adobe gamma" open it up and run the wizard, altering the settings as it asks.
That should calibrate your screen, so you print the colours you see on the screen.
Hope this helps....John

RedYelBlu 01:53 18 May 08

Thanks John I have found the 'Adobe Gamma' but after going through the wizard I end up with an
error message. Looks like I need to look further into it. Thanks, Ray.

flyingbrit 13:45 18 May 08

You're welcome Ray,
I have never had an error message with Adobe gamma(seems a bit strange :( ) it's only for calibrating screen settings.
Maybe you could try re-installing Photoshop.
John

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How VR is being used to simulate space

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now