Desktop Refresh

buscrew 13:15 02 Jun 04

Whenever I close a window, the whole desktop refreshes, including all the icons. Sometimes this can take up to one minute whilst I wait for the icons to go back to their original state. As you can guess this is very frustrating, Any ideas please, System Win XP Home (Full Install), 768mb PC133 SDRAM, ATI Radeon 9800XT 256 DDR Ram, CTX m730v Screen.

johnnyrocker 13:25 02 Jun 04

if a recent prob how about trying system restore.

johnny.

buscrew 13:30 02 Jun 04

Sorry should have said, I have tried that, but still the same.

hugh-265156 13:35 02 Jun 04

what processor do you have? have you many programs running in the background?

you have plenty of ram but if you have all the xp effects going on it can still be slow to draw the icons if there is a lot of other things going on.

try lowering your display to 16bit if set at 32bit

try click here maybe.

try clicking start/control panel/system/advanced/performance/settings/visual effects and choose adjust for best performance.this will turn off all the graphical effects and make xp look like win 2k.it should be a bit faster.

or try unticking some boxes here to use custom settings.

hugh-265156 13:38 02 Jun 04

have you also run a check for viruses,spyware etc?

and run defrag/disk cleanup?

buscrew 13:52 02 Jun 04

Have scanned for virus and spyware, no problems there, will try some of your other tips, and info to see how it works. many thanks.

buscrew 14:53 02 Jun 04

Your advice has improved the desktop refresh to a normal state. Many thanks. I will close this now. Regards Buscrew

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…