desktop problem

YAMA 15:06 04 Jul 12

hello the proble is and has been building up. start up key board not working so un able to go on with the screen instructions,

COSMOS checksum error- defaults loaded press f1 to continue, press f2 to enter set up, so can not do anything, key board not working, any advice-- do I need to bin it or is it worth getting it repaired, pc vosto 200 dell just over 2 years old, but has been getting slow--and all kinds of trouble,-- I reinstalled win xp pro thinking that may help with the slowness, but ended up like this, even change the battery CR2032, still no joy thanks yama

KRONOS the First 15:13 04 Jul 12

I the system is still keeping the proper time if not replace the battery........ If the time is correct disconnect the power and take the lithium battery out of the computer for a few moments then reinstall and restart the computer

When you reinstalled XP did you them reinstall all the various drivers: Motherboard, LAN, audio etc?

YAMA 15:39 04 Jul 12

yes chronus all re istalled it is not being able to use the keyboard to pree f1 or f2 or f12 so i am not able to go forward, if there was away of getting the keyboard to work whrn i reboot the start button ??? thanks yama

KRONOS the First 15:45 04 Jul 12

Can you try another keyboard as the one you have may well be faulty.

YAMA 15:49 04 Jul 12

oh the only thing I could not re install themotherboard, as I did not have a cd for it, yama

YAMA 16:02 04 Jul 12

key board is ok one of the things i did was test it thanks

KRONOS the First 16:10 04 Jul 12

That's where your problem is,not installing your motherboard drivers. As it is a Dell you might have problems finding them. Did you not get or make a recovery CD?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from WannaCry?

What I learned from my mentor, Oscar-winning VFX supervisor Phil Tippett

Siri vs Google Assistant