desktop problem

palinka 10:37 AM 08 Sep 11

My neighbour tells me that she accidentally changed her usual blue desktop background to a photo. She managed (somehow- she can't explain how) to get back the plain blue but now all her desktop icons have vanished. I tried talking her through a solution to create new icons by copying one at a time from All programmes and pasting them on the desktop, but she then gets an error message that "this icon already exists in this location". Any solutions, please. OS is vista

Woolwell 10:42 AM 08 Sep 11

I suspect that she has been fiddling around with her right click on the desktop to personalise the desktop and has accidentally turned off her icons. Right click on the desktop, then select view and then check that show desktop icons is ticked.

palinka 11:51 AM 08 Sep 11

thanks very much Woolwell - she's now done that and all is well again. I had never noticed that option in the menu.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 now: how to download and install Windows 10 even if GWX.exe is missing

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Nokia rolls out spherical camera for virtual reality apps

7 best iPhone web browser apps: Why Safari for iOS is still a better option than Chrome, Dolphin,…