desktop problem

palinka 08 Sep 11

My neighbour tells me that she accidentally changed her usual blue desktop background to a photo. She managed (somehow- she can't explain how) to get back the plain blue but now all her desktop icons have vanished. I tried talking her through a solution to create new icons by copying one at a time from All programmes and pasting them on the desktop, but she then gets an error message that "this icon already exists in this location". Any solutions, please. OS is vista

Woolwell 08 Sep 11

I suspect that she has been fiddling around with her right click on the desktop to personalise the desktop and has accidentally turned off her icons. Right click on the desktop, then select view and then check that show desktop icons is ticked.

palinka 08 Sep 11

thanks very much Woolwell - she's now done that and all is well again. I had never noticed that option in the menu.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Windows 10 Home vs Windows 10 Pro comparison: Here are the extra features you get in the Pro version

Behind the scenes at Silverstone, the 70th British Grand Prix: Hisense starts UK push with Red…

How Found created this skateboard, bike and parkour stunts-laden, single-take car ad

Apple Pay UK launch date, UK user guide and participating UK banks | Apple Pay to launch in UK on 1?…

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message