Desktop picture reduced but unchanged screen resalution

tonyx1302 16:21 PM 30 Nov 12

For some unknown reason, all of a suddenly my desktop pictures show less than a third on the monitor The screen saver,websites,text etc show a full screen but when I try and apply any of my desktop pics, only about 20% on the screen is taken up and the rest of the monitor just shows as white. I have tried adjusting the monitor and display props under 'control panel' but nothing will change it back to the original full screen size. Any thoughts please ?

lotvic 16:59 PM 30 Nov 12

If you have XP then it is: rightclick on empty part of desktop | Properties | Desktop tab, and change the position to 'Stretch' (instead of Centre)

tonyx1302 17:06 PM 30 Nov 12

Thanks lotvic. I had a 'very senior' mental block and had completely forgotten the format to bring it back. Off to sit in a darkened room with a glass of Sanatogen!!

Many thanks

lotvic 20:52 PM 30 Nov 12

Ah, those senior moments, I'm sure I must have them but I can't remember..

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Cyber Monday deals 2015 live blog: Best UK Cyber Monday tech deals, sales, discounts & offers

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

#AdventSauceJoyMince - generate a gratuitous Christmas tweet for #GivingTuesday charity

New MacBook Air release date, specs and rumours: 11in MacBook Air to be discontinued