desktop and pcmcia port

WtheM 10:10 17 Feb 07

Hi, I am about to purchase a desktop from a well known store...hopefully all boxed up and sealed. My problem is, i currently have a laptop and access the internet through a mobile datacard via the pcmcia slot. Seeing as the desktop will not have one of these ports, is is possibly to buy some sort of adaptor, eg usb, to provide the pcmcia port? I know they can be fitted internally but dont really want people messing about with it.....
Thanks.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 10:21 17 Feb 07

Assuming your using something like a Vodafone 3G card this is an expensive way to connect to the Internet.

Your new desktop is almost certain to have USB and Ethernet ports, It would be much cheaper to access broadband with one of the many ISPs offering deals.

ISP review click here

WtheM 10:24 17 Feb 07

Sorry, i should have stated. I have no choice about this. Internet access HAS to be this way.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 10:30 17 Feb 07

Sounds like you are in the middle of nowhere ;0)

A USB to PCMCIA adaptor is quite expensive click here

will be much cheaper to fit an internal PCI card click here

Technotiger 10:35 17 Feb 07

Hi, scroll down to near the bottom of page to see USB adapter ....

click here

WtheM 10:35 17 Feb 07

OUCH!!!!! Looks like internal then! Well, looks like I'll have to trust them to do it then.....no doubt if i do it myself, i'll invalidate the warranty!
Thanks for that.
PS yes, in the middle of nowhere!

WtheM 10:38 17 Feb 07

Technotiger......that takes me to mesh...sorry to be thick but where then please?

Technotiger 10:41 17 Feb 07

click here

to this after clicking within my other link ..

a bit expensive, but obtainable.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 10:43 17 Feb 07

click here second and third from bottom $179.95

WtheM 10:47 17 Feb 07

OK. Thanks to you both. So its pay out for a connector or let the nice people at C***ys fit an internal one..... Mmmmmm?
Thanks again for your help.

Technotiger 10:51 17 Feb 07

'that takes me to mesh' ... ??? where is mesh shown?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac