DESKTOP PC DVD-RAM DRIVE

asterias 09:10 02 Nov 14

My OS is XP prof'and the assigned letter for my DVD drive is J:.I can load programs to the PC via the DVD drive but the PC will not allow me to transfer files to the drive.In the "Send To" pop-up on any of the files in "My Documents" the "Removable Disk (J:)" is not shown. How can i correct this?

lotvic 09:23 02 Nov 14

Try the fixes suggested on ClickHere

asterias 12:19 02 Nov 14

Thks, Re-set the IMAP CD BURNING in Services to manual but makes no difference,also,with a blank disc in the DVD drive if I right click CD Drive(J:)then click OPEN I get a window which says J:is not accessible-Incorrect Function

SparkyJack 12:16 03 Nov 14

Several things to consider

The XP operating system suggests an older machine,so is the drive a burner? Has it burned previously? XP itself does not handle DVD,you need a dedicated burner programming for that.

Download/install CD burner XP Pro.

Maybe the drive has died. They are cheap to buy,simple to install on a desktop,tricky on a laptop.

Lastly the normal 'slot' for a CD/DVD is 'D' or 'E' a How come yours is 'J'?

lotvic 14:35 03 Nov 14

Good point SparkyJack, I'd forgotten that XP doesn't burn DVD natively.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…