Desktop PC and Belkin USB adaper probs

KorgY 16:46 16 Dec 07

Hello,

I have this product>
click here And I just can't seem to get it working properly on my desktop. When I set it up, I get prompts like "please plug USB adaptor in" even after I've plugged it in. So, I try another USB port (because I also get prompts that it needs a "high-power" port or something like that.

I've had it working, and ok actually, but as soon as I took it out (my desktop been down a month been decorating) and put it back, I was prompted again, to install drivers off the CD. I had it working last night for 2 minutes, and then connection was lost (its 4-5 meters from my Router). Maybe it’s a hardware fault I don't know.

TIA (windows XP pro)

KorgY

Kemistri 16:53 16 Dec 07

As usual, I have to ask whether you are using the adapter's own management utility software or just its drivers in conjunction with Windows' WZC wifi capability. Cannot really advise further until I know either way.

KorgY 17:34 16 Dec 07

I'm using the software off the CD 1.0 Wireless G USB Network Adapter Set up utility (what it says when i put the CD in.

Also, since my last post, I connected the USB adapter, (before installing software) and nothing at all happens now, not even a USB Prompt.

One thing though, im wondering if i have created some "virtual" USB's (if you know what i mean - as when it did work, it was "Connectrion 11 [having gone from 1-10 etc])

TIA

KorgY

Kemistri 18:16 16 Dec 07

Start by cleaning it off then.

KorgY 18:22 16 Dec 07

Cleaning the software off?, done it as i said above. I tried it in my laptop just, and same thing, no response. The hardware's had it.. PIM

KorgY

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…