Desktop moved??

Skeletor 21:11 21 Apr 07

Hi all,
Apparently without reason, my desktop has shifted to the right. Which means I have a 1/2 inch black bar down the left side of my screen, and folders, shortcuts and items in my system tray have disappeared off the right side.
I've tried the nvidea control panel to move it to the left, but it seems that the desktop has stretched horizontally as well, so even when I move the display left, things still disappear off the right.

Any help much appreciated.

Steve

Win XP home
NVIDIA GeForce4 MX 440SE with AGP8X

Sounds like your monitor is causing this rather than your computer. You should be able to adjust the image using the buttons on your monitor where you can move it left/right/up/down and stretch it.

If it is a TFT monitor, it will probably have an 'auto' button which will adjust it automatically.

Technotiger 21:32 21 Apr 07

Hi, right-click on desktop, then on Properties, then Settings and then Advanced - this should lead you to your Nvidia control panel. You should see a tab for Screen Adjustment, you should be able to manipulate the screen as you wish - hight/width/size/position.

Skeletor 21:46 21 Apr 07

Thanks [email protected] & Technotiger,

You were quite right [email protected] It never occurred to me that it was the actual monitor (doh!). The "Auto" button fixed it. :-)

Cheers

Steve

Technotiger 21:51 21 Apr 07

Grreat, thanks for the feedback.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…