desktop lost internet connection

mark3986 19:59 08 Mar 12

hi ive moved my router and modem from my back living room to my front living room and since ive done it my desktop computer which is wireless wont connect to my network all i get is its unable to connect but im currently on the network with a wireless laptop next to my desktop its so frustrating any help will be appreciated

northumbria61 20:05 08 Mar 12

Operating System would help - but go to Network & Sharing Centre via Network Icon on taskbar next to clock - right click and select Connect to a Network.

mark3986 20:07 08 Mar 12

tried that mate i put my password in and it just comes back unable to connect

northumbria61 20:08 08 Mar 12

Try Troubleshoot Problems

northumbria61 20:10 08 Mar 12
  mark3986 20:16 08 Mar 12

wireless network diagnostics has said problem with wireless adapter or access point

northumbria61 20:20 08 Mar 12

Try going to Device Manager - Network Adapters - right click - disable - re-enable.

mark3986 20:45 08 Mar 12

done that northumbria and still not fixed it

northumbria61 23:12 08 Mar 12

Network & Sharing Centre - Set up a new connection or network OR try this -

Start, Run, CMD to open a command prompt: (right click and select Run as Administrator)

In the command prompt window that opens, type type the following commands, each followed by the Enter key:

Note: Type only the text in bold for the following commands.

Reset TCP/IP stack to installation defaults, type: netsh int ip reset reset.log

Reset WINSOCK entries to installation defaults, type: netsh winsock reset catalog

Reboot the machine.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…