desktop logo display

Tessa348 11:10 30 Mar 05

I have recently bought a second hand laptop running windows 98. Unfortunately the chap ran a business and each time I turn on it displays their business logo on the desktop. Have tried to change the background in the display control panel area but when it shows the logo in the listing it will not be changed. Have gone into regedit and the display scheme shows as default with no values. I do not understand it sufficiently to know what I am changing. I would really appreciate it if anyone can advise in a simple step by step approach to stopping this logo display as it is really starting to bug me.

curlylad 12:13 30 Mar 05

I take it you are talking about the wallpaper.First we will try to change it like this:-

1)Right click a clear area of your desktop.

2)Highlight active desktop.

3)Click customize my desktop.

4)Click on the background tab.

5)Select a new wallpaper that appears in the select an HTML Document or picture box.

6)Select how you want your image to appear on the screen. Center-Places the image in the centre of the screen , Tile-The image displays as tiles across the entire screen , Stretch-The image covers entire screen.

Also you could read this Microsoft article click here

Also you could try this free tool for tinkering about with your wallpaper and its configuration click here

Hope this is of help to you !

curlylad 12:13 30 Mar 05

I take it you are talking about the wallpaper.First we will try to change it like this:-

5)Select a new wallpaper that appears in the select an HTML Document or picture box.

6)Select how you want your image to appear on the screen. Center-Places the image in the centre of the screen , Tile-The image displays as tiles across the entire screen , Stretch-The image covers entire screen.

Also you could try this free tool for tinkering about with your wallpaper and its configuration click here

curlylad 12:14 30 Mar 05

curlylad 12:17 30 Mar 05

...sorry , the site seems to be playing up today !

curlylad 12:40 30 Mar 05

You can also try this tool if the other things do not work , Change logon screen wallpaper - click here

Failing all this then I would have a look in the colour settings drop down box.To change the settings of the wall paper I believe you need at least 256 colours , if it is not set to at least 256 colours try changing it to this.If it does not allow you to then you need either a better video card or to update the driver for the one you have.

Tessa348 14:52 30 Mar 05

Thanks curlylad for your help with this. The changing of wallpaper sequence as standard non-effective as the computer has been set to not allow changes to the wallpaper. However, your free tool tinker enabled me to clear the wallpaper for which I am very pleased and have a clear wallpaper for now which I shall savour for a while before adding one of the brilliant pictures that comes with this tool. Thanks again.

curlylad 23:39 30 Mar 05

Glad you've got it sorted !

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced