Desktop, Laptop and BT Voyager 2091

JVNNO 18:34 29 Dec 06

Hi,

I previously had a BT Voyager 205 Router on a wired connection to my desktop PC. I recently purchased a HP laptop so decided to upgrade to the BT Voyager 2091 Wireless Router. And there lies the problem!

Current set up is the Router is in my room next to my PC connected via usb directly to the router. I've then tried to locate the Router via the laptop. Sometimes it can find it, sometimes it can't.

When I do find it and try to connect, it usually tries for about 1 minute and gives up, or connects for about 30 seconds and then discconnects again.

I tried moving the router downstairs by the phone line itself, discconnected from my PC. This normally allows me to find the router but again only lasts about a minute.

Any help would be much appreciated before I tear out all the hair I have left!!

JVNNO 03:25 31 Dec 06

Hi,

Further to my initial post, my laptop cannot locate the router at all now, regardless of where I put it!!

Please please please can anyone provide and ideas of what I can do!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…