Desktop items move when ICQ is docked.

Ironman556 18:58 19 Aug 03

Hi, I'm fairly new to XP, so wondered if there is a simple fix for this. I have Icons arranged around my desktop, so they snap to the grid where I want them. When I launch and dock ICQ at the side of my screen it pushes all the icons across... fair enough, I can still get to them when ICQ's running. When I then close ICQ the icon's don't move back, so they are left in the middle of the screen.

Is there a setting anywhere that locks the icons in place so that ICQ opens over the top?

It may happen with other programs, but I don't have anything else that "docks" so I can't try it out.

Ironman

spikeychris 20:06 19 Aug 03

click here for someone who seems to have found a way..

Chris

Ironman556 00:28 20 Aug 03

Thatks very much... looks like good info, not done quite what I wanted, but close, and ICQ can be temperamental with settings (have to connect/disconnect/open/shutdown...), I'll have to have a proper play now I know where to look.

Thanks again.

Ironman.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…