desktop item wont delete

pinklillyella 14:39 28 Dec 03

i have a symbol for connecting to the internet on my desktop as i was playin round with wont let me delete it..can u please tell me how to do this as i do not want the children connection to the internet with this symbol as it is one that runs up the phone bill..i already use an anytime..i thought anything could be deleted..thank u

VoG II 14:45 28 Dec 03

Try deleting it in Safe Mode. To start in Safe Mode restart the computer and keep tapping the F8 key just before the Windows screen loads. Then select Safe Mode from the menu which shouls appear - use the arrow keys to navigate the menu to Safe Mode and then press Enter.

pinklillyella 14:49 28 Dec 03

i tried that thank u it just wont delete....i'm usin xp...when i right click on the icon there is no delete word there either

bremner 14:53 28 Dec 03

I had the same problem and failed to find a way to delete it.

I removed it from the desktop using Tweakui in Powertoys for XP click here.

Under the Desktop tab you can remove the tick from and it will not appear on the desktop.

pinklillyella 15:01 28 Dec 03

wow thank u that was good its now gone..not a clue what it was u told me about or what it for but followin ur instructions n link worked thank u

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…