desktop item

eddie937 11:52 14 Feb 04

i was downloading some wallpaper for my computer when i set it as a desktop item instead as wallpaper. how do i get rid of a desktop item as it appears as a box on the right hand bottom of my screen.its really annoying me. i am using xp.
thanks for your help in advance.

VoG II 13:16 14 Feb 04

System Restore?

Right click the Taskbar, Properties, Taskbar, Customize, Always hide. By the way, it's not in Add/Remove is it?

eddie937 07:53 15 Feb 04

i tried system restore and tried going into the taskbar but everything is correct.
i am sure when i was saving the pic i clicked save as desktop item, it then came up as a box on my screen in the bottom rihgt hand corner about 3 inches by 2 inches. i tried right clicking it and it highlighted, i went to properties and tried to change the wallpaper which it did but the box is still there with the same pic.
i cant get rid of this box,please help!
i am using xp pro

VoG II 09:28 15 Feb 04

What options do you get if you right click it?

Eastender 09:53 15 Feb 04

Right click on your desktop, choose 'Properties' then 'Web', select what you don't want and click delete.

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 12:23 15 Feb 04

Have you tried running the desktop clean up wizard?,also see if the icons are locked to desktop and untick this in properties.

eddie937 15:04 15 Feb 04

i found it out it's right click on your desktop select 'properties','desktop', 'customize desktop', 'web', and delete the web page.
thanks to everyone trying to help.
its amazing what you can learn just by playing around!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…