Desktop issue

The Sheep 14:40 25 Nov 04

Hello all. I have a question regarding the windows on my works PC desktopwhich is running windows 2000.

The problem is that with certain windows things such as the X to close it are only half shown. This means i have to be very precise about placing the mouse over it to close it. Another example of this happening is when i go to Tools -> Internet Options on IE6. The days to keep pages in history windows has 20 in it, however only the 2 is displayed........the box it is displayed in is smaller than it should be.

I have obviously tried to move the sixe of these things when they occur but they are of fixed size. Can anyone suggest why this is happening and how to get rid of it. Thanks for reading people.

The Sheep 15:39 25 Nov 04

anyone?

Technotiger 16:04 25 Nov 04

Hi, the case of the disappearing X could simply be down to the sizeing of your visible screen, this is usually adjustable using the monitors own built-in controls. No of History days - are you sure it has not been altered, have you tried clicking on the little arrows up/down that adjust the number? Only other thing I can think of is making adjustments after right-clicking on desktop and going to Priorities within which you should find items to adjust. Good luck.

Technotiger 16:08 25 Nov 04

Or - if everything was ok a short while ago, then doing a System Restore to then, might be the answer.

The Sheep 16:14 25 Nov 04

hi thanks for getting back to me. Have managed to fix it............down to desktop settings. Thanks very much mate.

Technotiger 16:19 25 Nov 04

My Pleasure.....Cheers

Technotiger 16:20 25 Nov 04

PS - don't forget the Green Resolved Tick!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…