Desktop icons pushed off the desktop

Billy911 14:32 16 Jan 06

For some reason a bar has appeared on the left hand side of the desktop which has pushed the icons on the far right off the desktop. I can access these via 'Documents and Settings' except the recycle bin. How do I get rid of this bar. I think it's something to do with 'Folder Options' but I'm not sure. The bar has on it: 'Folder Tasks, Other Places, Details'. I am running Win XP Home SP2. Any ideas will be appreciated as it's doing my head in.

Skyver 14:34 16 Jan 06

Control Panel/Folder Options, the first two options will be "Show common tasks in folders" and "Use Windows Classic folders", click the latter.

Billy911 14:39 16 Jan 06

Thanks Skyver but unfortunately it's still there. I've also noticed the quick launch icons have changed. For example the 'show desktop' icon has changed to the 'help' question mark. I'm running my anti-virus to see if there's anything dodgy on it.

VoG II 14:42 16 Jan 06

click here line 15 left hand column.

Billy911 14:29 17 Jan 06

Thanks VoG™, it worked!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…