Desktop Icons no longer showing correctly

Border View 10:31 20 Aug 13
Answered

I run with Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit. Its a desktop computer. Three of the icons showing on my desktop have changed to what must be Windows default icons. These are for CanoScan Toolbox: Canon Easy Photo; and Revo Uninstall. All other icons are showing correctly.

Can you please tell me how to get back my original icons for these tree applications. Thank you.

Border View 10:33 20 Aug 13

Sorry not tree applications but three. Duh

Chronos the 2nd 11:45 20 Aug 13

Try right clicking the icon,then Properties, then Change Icon, and see if the original icon is there. If so click on it then OK and that should change it back.

Border View 12:13 20 Aug 13

Brilliant thank you Chronos the 2nd. It worked on two out of the three. The one left is CanoScan Toolbbox 5. I get a message that Windows cannot find the file. The scanner works OK. Any suggestions please.

Chronos the 2nd 13:05 20 Aug 13

Try reinstalling the software which may well repair the icon or just change the icon to something in the list in the instructions I gave earlier, as long as the software still works it should not really be a problem.

Border View 17:28 20 Aug 13
Answer

Many thanks reinstallation brought the icon back. All is now well on my desktop. Thanks again Chronos the 2nd.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…