Desktop icons keep moving from where I put them

Daiol 19:30 PM 09 Aug 12

Hi,Is it microsoft policy that we have to have all the desktop icons situated on the left side of the scree,Well I thought that I would have a change and move them all across the bottom of the desktop. Well they all looked good until re boot they all landed back on the left side again.I did a check ''right click screen the vies and there was no tick in the auto arrange icons'',So I thought everything was okay until re boot all back to the left. Is there any way that we can overcome this left side for the icons,Why cant one move them to wherever we want them? Any thoughts please. many thanks.

Daiol 19:31 PM 09 Aug 12

Sorry forgot to say running windows 7. Thanks.

BRYNIT 19:42 PM 09 Aug 12

Move mouse pointer to desktop right click, view and make sure you do not have a tick next to auto arrange desk top icons.

catpwss 19:59 PM 09 Aug 12

Right click on desktop select view untick auto arrange icons and untick and the align icons to grid.Then tick the align icons to grid and the icons should go into groups of four or maybe three. It worked for me. Good luck. c.

Daiol 20:04 PM 09 Aug 12

Thanks both,catpwss that method worked a treat. Thanks.

amonra 21:16 PM 09 Aug 12

This was driving me up the wall until I found a little program called Iconoid. Sorry I cant find the link but I'm sure if you google it you will find it. Recommended.

Daiol 22:02 PM 09 Aug 12
  Sea Urchin 23:27 PM 09 Aug 12

You'll need a later version of Iconoid for Windows 7 - I think from memory 3.8.6

Or you can install a small program that saves the layout, and then when necessary by clicking the desktop you can immediately restore it.

When you right click the desktop you will find two additional items on the context menu - Save Desktop Icons and Restore Desktop Icons.

Here">">Here is the program

Sea Urchin 23:30 PM 09 Aug 12
  Sea Urchin 23:32 PM 09 Aug 12

Link won't post.

Go to the link, and select Desktop Restore from the menu at the left side

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface Pro 4 review: Hands-on with the new generation of Surface

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Crowdfunding for world’s first 3D camera-computer found in 30 hours

2015 iMac release date rumours, specs, price & features: new 21in 4K Retina iMacs coming next week