Desktop Icons don't work!!

Preecey 00:39 23 Mar 06

Any attempt to launch an application via the majority of Desktop Icons (created as shortcuts) do not work anymore. They did....but now, having been lost (!) and then re-created...they don't. A clearing out session is to blame I'm sure but I've tried fussing around in an attempt to repair things and am not getting very far. If you try to launch say, Outlook Express, then you get the following message......'Windows cannot access the specified device,path or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access this item'. Does anybody know what I'm not doing right? Please!

Chris

beeuuem 01:24 23 Mar 06

This click here suggests that you check that the location of the desktop folder may be the the problem. Worth checking out.

beeuuem 01:25 23 Mar 06

Next time I'll try to post in English!!

Kev.Ifty 01:47 23 Mar 06

You need to do a system restore to a point before your problem started.

Then; read this.. click here

Now start your clean up again.

Preecey 22:19 23 Mar 06

Cheers people.....as indicated by beeuuem my desktop folder had ended up in the COOKIES folder. "How can this be so I hear you ask",....Well,....if I was honest I managed to find three different folders called DESKTOP......yes....three!

Seems a bit difficult to have managed all that on my own so I have to wonder what's going on. However, I do have a fairly sensitive trackpad and....I have accidentally picked other things up in the past...so I reckon I may have picked it up and chucked it back in the wrong place.

Having read the Carmine Castiglia document beeuuem pointed me to it might seem that others have acieved much the same in the past!!

Preecey

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…