Desktop Icons

Molly_Don 14:48 10 Oct 08

I've noticed on some computer desktops what looks like a tray / shelf at the bottom of the screen where the icons sit on it, how do I do that?

I have xp home

I hope that makes sense.

tullie 15:10 10 Oct 08

If you mean the taskbar try pointing your mouse at the very bbottom of the screen,see if it pops up.Try this at the sides and top also.If you find it,right click to see if youve got auto hide ticked,untick if you have.

tullie 15:10 10 Oct 08

Right click it then properties.

Molly_Don 15:18 10 Oct 08

Sorry, I think I may have confused you all, this is what I want to do:

click here

Belatucadrus 15:29 10 Oct 08

If you want a Mac style toolbar on a Windows PC, you need to add a little something like :-
click here Object dock
click here Rocketdock.

Molly_Don 17:44 10 Oct 08

Ta Bel

Once I've d/l that, do I just add the icons I want?

paulgeaf 20:27 10 Oct 08

Hi Molly...if you go here and see the official RocketDock website you will find a lot of answers to any questions you may have for its use. It's a bit much for someone to give you a complete tutorial here but, I used to use the program and it is simple to set up and get the hang of.
Go here and watch the video stream there...then have a look at the help or faq and the forums where you can ask anything!
click here

paulgeaf 20:34 10 Oct 08

Hmm I just went looking around the site and their forums seem to no longer exist? There is likely a help forum somewhere for it though. The help file is very good though so you will be fine with that :)

tullie 00:40 11 Oct 08

Re Rocketdock,right click any icons you dont want on it and delete,drag and drop onto it.

Molly_Don 16:06 11 Oct 08

Hi, thanks for the help so far, this is a brilliant, I have added quite a lot of icons to it, ie most of my favourites, is there a way of reducing the width of it?

tullie 16:16 11 Oct 08

Re size the icons in it

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from WannaCry?

Disney layout supervisor Rob Dressel on the challenges of visualising Moana

Siri vs Google Assistant