DESKTOP ICON OF ONLINE MODEM

frederick-285905 10:51 09 May 04

Being partially sighted I have difficulty making out the tiny televions logo on the task bar to log off modem.

Is there a way of placing a distiguishable icon on the desktop to prompt me to log off. Thus saving many 20 minute contribution to my ISP.

Thanks in advance.

bertiecharlie 11:10 09 May 04

Rosethorn.

If you click on the icon you should be able to drag it to your desktop where it will create a shortcut with a larger icon.

Satmansq 11:48 09 May 04

You dont say which operating system you are using but under XP if you click on the START menu, and look in the 2nd column it says CONNECT TO.
Hold the mouse over this and it should bring up a drop down list, right click on your internet connection and select CREATE SHORTCUT.
This will enable you to put a shortcut onto the desk top.
Hope this helps.

Daveboy 12:00 09 May 04

To add to Satmansq's, right click the shortcut when on desktop and select properties, then assign a shortcut key to bring up the "status" window.

Satmansq 12:17 09 May 04

Whilst i respect Daveboys suggestion and realise that his experiences may be different to mine, on my PC opening the shortcut opens the status window when on line.

Hopefully between these suggestions your problem will be resolved.

mackaycc 21:27 09 May 04

You haven't said what browser you are using but if you simply want a reminder to disconnect then you could check your settings in IE under tools > internet options > connections > settings > advanced and tick the boxes titled "disconnect when connection may no longer be needed" and disconnect when idle for X minutes". Now, when you close your browser you should be prompted to disconnect. Only helpful if your using IE though.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…