desktop help

yorkieman 01:17 15 Dec 04

please can some one help before i smash my pc? when i go to start and click on my computer it opens but soon as i click on a drive to open it it goes back to my desktop. when i click on any other icon it opens but the page freezes. i have run spybot adaware avg spywareblaster and nothing found i would be gratefull for any help. also should i download sp2 pack or will it screw my computer up more than it is already.thanks in advance

ICF 06:53 15 Dec 04

Do a system restore to a time when this did not happen.I have installed XPSP2 on 3 computers without a prob :-)

howard60 09:14 15 Dec 04

do as ICF says and when all working ok - do a spybot and adware run and then install sp2.

yorkieman 09:51 15 Dec 04

thanks i have tried to do a system restore but i t will not restore, also it will not go back early enough to restore when i click to go back to another month say november it will not move off december. it goes thro the motions when i do a restore then says restore faied

Graham ® 09:58 15 Dec 04

Have a look in Event Viewer: Control Panel, Admin. Tools, Event Viewer, System.

Look for Errors, highlight, Action, Properties. You also have the option to send to Microsoft for additional information.

yorkieman 10:39 15 Dec 04

tried that, got loads of errors but have not got a clue what to do next

Graham ® 12:54 15 Dec 04

Highlight an Error by right click, select Action, Properties. That will tell you what the error is, and maybe what caused it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…